VelsionScape
Welcome To Velsionscape
-Vote For server.
-Join Forums
-Most of all have fun

From
Velsionscape
VelsionScape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VelsionScape

RSPS, Velsionscape is best server around, 24/7 vps, Webclient

PortalHomeWebclient!Client Download!Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog inVote

Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010

Go down 
+3
flawlessdope
Caleb
Michael
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Michael

Rep Points : 61

Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 Empty
PostSubject: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Hello, because the forums are so brand new, I decided I would think of everything that could be added or modified to make it better. I will be posting my idea's on here in a numbered fashion with the pro's and con's of each one and what inspired me to think of this.

Suggestion Number 1 - Staff Feedback Section

Pros - This would allows forum and in-game staff to see how they are doing. The staff that are interested would make a thread in this and ask for feedback.

Cons - Possible hurt feelings if the staff expect nothing but good replies and there are some negative ones in there as well. But for every negative reply, that is just saying you could become better.

What Inspired this idea - I got this idea from Angel when she would post "How am I doing guys?" Because she obviously wants to find out how to become better staff by asking for feedback.

Additional information - Regular members would not be allowed to post a thread in this section of the forums. If they do, a forum moderator or administrator will remove it. Regular members are only allowed to reply to the threads made by Staff.

----------

Suggestion Number 2 - Forum Games/Off topic

Pros - This would allow for some harmless games and playing them nonstop would not increase your post count. This will make it so you can't spam the games in an attempt to become the highest poster. This will also allow people who are bored of the strict confines of the forums to let them 'go loose'. Pro games would become stickied.

Cons - The topics might go too off topic and be disruptive to normal game play. Any topic seen as offensive or so off topic, like adverting a new drug that came out, would of course be removed.

What inspired this idea - I got the idea from the General Chat game that Caleb started. I also noticed that there was a suggestion for this already in this section, but as I go into more detail, I believed it would be beneficial to explain it here as well.

Additional information - None at the moment.

----------

Suggestion Number 3 - Stories and Poetry

Pros - People who like to express themselves through words would be able to post a wide array of content here. We could hold story/poetry competitions. If you got bored, you could go here and read the many wonderful stories posted by users.

Cons - If you hate reading, then you'll probably never go here. I can't think of anymore cons, if I do, I'll be sure to put them here.

What inspired this idea - I love to write short stories and just write in general.

----------

Suggestion Number 4 - Clans section

Pros - People who would like to feel as a group would be able to do that here. The clans could be objective orientated, game orientated, or helping people. This would allow for all those interested to try and become famous through a clan.

Cons - Rivalry clans could lead to flame wars. This could lead to mutes, jails, and bans.

What inspired this idea - I saw Caleb's redemption clan and it looked really nice. It was organized and deserves its own spot.

----------

Suggestion number 5 - Donator/VIP group

Pros - People who donated to support the server would be able to show it with some flashy sign that says Donator. This could possibly encourage people to vote as they would want that sign by their name.

Cons - People might feel peer pressure to donate.

What inspired this idea - Flawlessdope who left me a comment suggesting this.

Additional information - They would have the same permissions as regular users.

----------

Suggestion number 6 - Highscores

Pros - This would generate competition. Competition could bring in more players. You could see how you stack up against the rest of VelsionScape.

Cons - You level up too fast currently, thus defeating the purpose of competition. If this were to be implemented, all experience rates would need to be cut significantly. Otherwise it would be a joke.

What inspired this idea - Experience who left me a comment suggesting this.

----------

Suggestion number 7 - Ventrilo

Pros - This would allow for anyone with a microphone to easily communicate with each other. For example, If I was browsing forums and I was on Ventrilo. Someone who saw something bad going on at edgeville could just causally say "Hey Michael, you should log in"

Cons - Costs real life money. Not everyone has a microphone.

What inspired this idea - Other servers that have a working and greatly used ventrilo.

Additional information - none at the moment.

Thank you for reading my suggestions, if you have any comments to the above suggestions, please post them. You may even post a brand new suggestion here, and if you don't want to think too hard about it, I would be more then happy to do it for you, (describe it as I did above). However because these are my forum suggestions, if you post a in-game suggestion here and ask me to work on it for you, I'll have to decline.

So give me some comments, and if I can take the time to post this, please give me the time for a proper reply.

Last edited by Michael on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:38 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Rep Points : 55

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:52 pm

nice i agree this should be added afro and ty for saying it was well and organixed:P each section was supposed to be a diff color but it only did some of it and it would take a while to add it in bounce
Back to top Go down
Michael
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Good idea Caleb! Now my suggestions page is even better! Thanks mate. Oh, maybe you were talking about your clan being in different colors, but I interpreted that as me putting my suggestions in different colors. Thanks for replying though.

Back to top Go down
flawlessdope
Donator
Donator
flawlessdope

Rep Points : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:29 pm

Hey i think we should add Donator/Vip Group's in the legend for donators like myself that are active on the forums everyday its nice to have
Back to top Go down
Experience

Rep Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Could ye put in highscores? I think that will be a good addition to the list. Smile Just a suggestion, as forums say.
Back to top Go down
xMitver
xMitver

Rep Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:02 am

I dont think we need highscores, it is very easy to get a 99 lol.
Back to top Go down
flawlessdope
Donator
Donator
flawlessdope

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:48 am

xMitver wrote:
I dont think we need highscores, it is very easy to get a 99 lol.
Yeh no need at all like 15 dbones and 99 pray Razz
Back to top Go down
Fubbie
Fubbie
Fubbie

Rep Points : 3036

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:02 am

Thanks for This.
More Update will take place.
Back to top Go down
https://velsionss.forumotion.co.uk
flawlessdope
Donator
Donator
flawlessdope

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 5:10 am

Luke wrote:
Thanks for This.
More Update will take place.
Thanks look another thing can you read my thread i posted in suggestion box please
Back to top Go down
xMitver
xMitver

Rep Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:43 am

The donator only section is a good idea though. No noobs allowed :L
Back to top Go down
Michael
Michael

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Does anyone else have any suggestion's they don't want to take the time to go into detail? I don't mind doing it for you. I'll be sure to give credit of course.
Back to top Go down
1nk
1nk

Rep Points : 90

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 6:16 am

I agree with Forum games and clan sections Those would be useful Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010   Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael's Forum Suggestions - Updated 12/5/2010
Page 1 of 1