VelsionScape
Welcome To Velsionscape
-Vote For server.
-Join Forums
-Most of all have fun

From
Velsionscape
VelsionScape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VelsionScape

RSPS, Velsionscape is best server around, 24/7 vps, Webclient

PortalHomeWebclient!Client Download!Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog inVote

Poorly Balanced In-game staff

Go down 
+7
wizkid
Owner Gabbe
angel divine
Oops Sorry
flawlessdope
McNigg
Michael
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Michael
Michael

Rep Points : 61

Poorly Balanced In-game staff Empty
PostSubject: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 8:24 pm

There are too many moderators and not enough "active" administrators. like 6 moderators and Speedy is the only admin I've seen who has been on. I heard Mitver was a ingame administrator, but then that means he's more a morning admin then a night admin because I never see him.

Definition of Active - On each day, playing more then 2 hours. Gabbe is Owner and John is Co-owner so they are excluded from this of course.

So when we run into situations such as the Riot of Edge and Jake - Attack on the server, both at report a player. The moderators are unable to combat back.

Solution One - Why not give all the moderators more powers? Doing that is essentially making every moderator as powerful as a administrator. The current Administrator is not active enough or in my opinion, up to the job. The only Administrator that I've ever seen is Speedy. Speedy loses his temper extremely fasts and jumps to threaten with ban when a mute or jail will be enough. This leads me to my second solution.

Solution Two - Take Speedy and whatever other administrator I missed and give them a serious talking too. Explain that even though they are admins, they still have to follow the rules. Like, no flaming back. Give warnings, etc. Make them understand they have to be more active. Twice we've had attacks and twice no adminstrator could help us because there is never an Active admin on.

Solution Three - Promote one of the existing Moderators to Administrator. Demote Speedy - Harsh, however, in light of recent events, he threatens to ban when its a jail or mute, Several of the current moderators have seen this today. (12/4/2010). Yet you can't have two administrators who have different approaches when dealing with people. Adminstrator 1 - does a jail. Adminstrator 2 - Disagrees and unjails. Speedy also thinks I have ruined his chance of "Super Admin".

Poorly Balanced In-game staff Speedy-1

You want to know how Caleb dealt with Jake while I was uploading reports and then working on this. Look!

Poorly Balanced In-game staff XSolution

So something seriously needs to be changed or done. I would like to apologize in advance to Speedy in-case I do cause a demotion.

Leave this up for discussion, I really do want to hear what the community's opinion of this is. Mabye I'm dead wrong and we are perfectly fine as it is.

The two attacks that we moderators had trouble dealing with are,

https://velsionss.forumotion.co.uk/report-a-player-f6/jake-attack-on-server-t69.htm#521

https://velsionss.forumotion.co.uk/report-a-player-f6/riot-at-edgeville-december-3-2010-t45.htm

Replies to comments will be put here.

Mcniggs - You basically covered Solution three, yet you make it sound like it is completely Gabbe's fault. Remember, this is the first time anyone has spoken up, to my knowledge. So he assumed everything was okay. Now the only way it would be Gabbe's complete fault is if he ignored this pressing issue.

Flawless - In solution three, I suggested that one of the current moderators be promoted, I'm flattered that you thought of me as a good candidate but remember, Caleb is just as active as I am. But I do agree with what you said about Speedy.

Last edited by Michael on Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
McNigg

Rep Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:40 pm

Honestly, I couldn't have put it better myself..Michael has done what most of us haven't had the balls to do, and that is stand up to Gabbe and doing what's right. I have some experience with Speedy that he should be ashamed of, and if you're reading this Speedy I'm talkin about that time on chatbox when I was talking to you about this issue. Gabbe you seriously need to reconsider your whole staff, whether I get demoted or promoted, I will still have the same thoughts on this issue. It is a problem and it needs fixed. Gabbe, you have a Co-Owner and he needs to take part in your decisions. Before you make someone staff ask his opinion first. Same with demoting. That's just what a Co-Owner does. I hope you read this and I hope you take this seriously. The admins that "saved server" is a load of shit, because staff should be someone you trust, money doesn't buy trust. 75% of the staff is very inactive and I'm personally online 4 to 9 hours every day and more on weekends, so I see just about everything that goes on around server. Furthermore, Gabbe, you seriously need to reconsider your staff and remember to include John in your final decision. And to all the spammers that are going to say we doing this for promotion, go F%#$ yourself. Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm a great person and I try to do right in everything I do, even if it is a little harsh at first, in the long run it's great. And I think we all know Speedy has a short temper and just does what he wants, when he wants. That's exactly how I feel Gabbe I hope you don't take it like I'm trying to be a dick towards you, because I'm not, that's just 100% how I feel. Thanks for reading. Stay Fly
Back to top Go down
flawlessdope
Donator
Donator
flawlessdope

Rep Points : 1084

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Yes sorry speedy but you are never on and arent up for the job michael himself being an administrator is a good choice players that are active like me gabbe should take a look on i agree with you michael have the admins arent active or are abusive john comes on maybe once a day for like 15mins and yes we do get stuck in situation's like jake and that.
Back to top Go down
Oops Sorry

Rep Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:00 am

McNigg wrote:
Honestly, I couldn't have put it better myself..Michael has done what most of us haven't had the balls to do, and that is stand up to Gabbe and doing what's right. I have some experience with Speedy that he should be ashamed of, and if you're reading this Speedy I'm talkin about that time on chatbox when I was talking to you about this issue. Gabbe you seriously need to reconsider your whole staff, whether I get demoted or promoted, I will still have the same thoughts on this issue. It is a problem and it needs fixed. Gabbe, you have a Co-Owner and he needs to take part in your decisions. Before you make someone staff ask his opinion first. Same with demoting. That's just what a Co-Owner does. I hope you read this and I hope you take this seriously. The admins that "saved server" is a load of shit, because staff should be someone you trust, money doesn't buy trust. 75% of the staff is very inactive and I'm personally online 4 to 9 hours every day and more on weekends, so I see just about everything that goes on around server. Furthermore, Gabbe, you seriously need to reconsider your staff and remember to include John in your final decision. And to all the spammers that are going to say we doing this for promotion, go F%#$ yourself. Anyone who knows me well, knows I'm a great person and I try to do right in everything I do, even if it is a little harsh at first, in the long run it's great. And I think we all know Speedy has a short temper and just does what he wants, when he wants. That's exactly how I feel Gabbe I hope you don't take it like I'm trying to be a dick towards you, because I'm not, that's just 100% how I feel. Thanks for reading. Stay Fly
Whew! I wish you could have used some paragraph breaks here. Rofl. That was a tough read. Anyways. Taking out the expletives and the slightly harsh tone, I agree one hundred percent.

flawlessdope wrote:
Yes sorry speedy but you are never on and arent up for the job michael himself being an administrator is a good choice players that are active like me gabbe should take a look on i agree with you michael have the admins arent active or are abusive john comes on maybe once a day for like 15mins and yes we do get stuck in situation's like jake and that.
Speedy is not suited for admin. He may be a veteran (so he claims, I have no reason to fight this statement), but his way of dealing with issues and such is very unprofessional and needs taken care of.

This is my solution to things, Gabbe.
Step 1:
Choose a few days out of your life to come on and play the game undercover. Test the staff. Find out people's weaknesses and strengths. What you like and don't like about them. Hell, you could even cause your own "melt-down" by spamming and breaking rules and coming back from more like a real server attack. This way you can see how an individual deals with a situation and how they are under pressure.

Step 2:
Write a detailed report of your analysis and write down what you think people can improve on and such.

Step 3:
Spend your final day or two continuing to observe the server and forums as a whole and seeing how people are and who you think is doing well enough to be possible staff.

Step 4:
Demote your entire staff. Have everyone start from the basework and work up. Based on your UNBIASED analysis decide who gets new mod and leave out admins for a little while. Put these 5 - 10 mods on trial for a period of time. 3 days, 7 days, 14 days. Whatever. At the end of the period, create a thread for each test-mod where people can give feedback on that mod saying what they do and don't like.

Step 5:
Based on the feedback, demote some, but keep those who pass. From there you can wait awhile and see who might deserve administrator and then you can rely on your mature and well-designed staff to do this themselves for you from now on. So that they can give you who they think qualifies for the next round of trial moderators. This way you don't have to nolife this server again in regards to staff.

This is my way of thinking. It's like a pyramid effect. If you have an extremely strong base for your pyramid, then it won't topple. You get 5 - 10 very strong staff members who are trustable and good at what they do, then they can start building the pyramids themselves based on strong judgement. This way you don't have to worry too much about staff again. So really, when you invest these 3 or so days into this, you're actually saving yourself loads of time so that you can work on other things or have a life. Let me know what you think.

Back to top Go down
flawlessdope
Donator
Donator
flawlessdope

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:31 am

Oops Sorry wrote:
McNigg wrote:
Whew! I wish you could have used some paragraph breaks here. Rofl. That was a tough read. Anyways. Taking out the expletives and the slightly harsh tone, I agree one hundred percent.

flawlessdope wrote:
Speedy is not suited for admin. He may be a veteran (so he claims, I have no reason to fight this statement), but his way of dealing with issues and such is very unprofessional and needs taken care of.

This is my solution to things, Gabbe.
Step 1:
Choose a few days out of your life to come on and play the game undercover. Test the staff. Find out people's weaknesses and strengths. What you like and don't like about them. Hell, you could even cause your own "melt-down" by spamming and breaking rules and coming back from more like a real server attack. This way you can see how an individual deals with a situation and how they are under pressure.

Step 2:
Write a detailed report of your analysis and write down what you think people can improve on and such.

Step 3:
Spend your final day or two continuing to observe the server and forums as a whole and seeing how people are and who you think is doing well enough to be possible staff.

Step 4:
Demote your entire staff. Have everyone start from the basework and work up. Based on your UNBIASED analysis decide who gets new mod and leave out admins for a little while. Put these 5 - 10 mods on trial for a period of time. 3 days, 7 days, 14 days. Whatever. At the end of the period, create a thread for each test-mod where people can give feedback on that mod saying what they do and don't like.

Step 5:
Based on the feedback, demote some, but keep those who pass. From there you can wait awhile and see who might deserve administrator and then you can rely on your mature and well-designed staff to do this themselves for you from now on. So that they can give you who they think qualifies for the next round of trial moderators. This way you don't have to nolife this server again in regards to staff.

This is my way of thinking. It's like a pyramid effect. If you have an extremely strong base for your pyramid, then it won't topple. You get 5 - 10 very strong staff members who are trustable and good at what they do, then they can start building the pyramids themselves based on strong judgement. This way you don't have to worry too much about staff again. So really, when you invest these 3 or so days into this, you're actually saving yourself loads of time so that you can work on other things or have a life. Let me know what you think.

Wow man much resect for replying such a opinion i think you are right there does need to be alot more staff who need to be tested and see if there worthy enough because half of them arent on or even active i mean most staff only have 1 or 2 post on the forums.
Back to top Go down
angel divine

Rep Points : 95

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:56 am

I couldnt agree more...our server getting larger with me and other people advertising we need more admins maybe like 2 people should be promoted...2 active people.. at at least add xteleto and teletome for mods....Glad u can c this gabbe Smile.

-ANGEL LOVES YOU.
Back to top Go down
flawlessdope
Donator
Donator
flawlessdope

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:21 am

angel divine wrote:
I couldnt agree more...our server getting larger with me and other people advertising we need more admins maybe like 2 people should be promoted...2 active people.. at at least add xteleto and teletome for mods....Glad u can c this gabbe Smile.

-ANGEL LOVES YOU.
Yes gabbe should really look into the active people not saying me but i am active everyday this server has alot of potential dont ruin it!
Back to top Go down
Owner Gabbe
OwnerGabbe
OwnerGabbe
Owner Gabbe

Rep Points : 34

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:52 am

First of all, Everytime i try to change commands.java i get errors. There are about 20+ files i need to change to, It takes ages and one simple error ruins everything, Secondly, I logged on and saw ''mcnigg'' and some other random players having an crown next to their name, WTF? John is promoting players without even asking/telling me....
So yeh, Im going to promote someone that's active when i have to sleep to prevent this, An admin. That can ipmute etc.
Back to top Go down
angel divine

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:55 am

thanks alot gabbe we really dont have active admins online :/ and when they do log on they dont help they just yell to fight them etc.. so its not like they helping.

-ANGEL LOVES YOU.
Back to top Go down
flawlessdope
Donator
Donator
flawlessdope

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:56 am

Owner Gabbe wrote:
First of all, Everytime i try to change commands.java i get errors. There are about 20+ files i need to change to, It takes ages and one simple error ruins everything, Secondly, I logged on and saw ''mcnigg'' and some other random players having an crown next to their name, WTF? John is promoting players without even asking/telling me....
So yeh, Im going to promote someone that's active when i have to sleep to prevent this, An admin. That can ipmute etc.
yeh thanks gabbe im active btw i play over 12hours a day and mcnigg is a decent mod
Back to top Go down
angel divine

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:01 am

flawlessdope wrote:
Owner Gabbe wrote:
yeh thanks gabbe im active btw i play over 12hours a day and mcnigg is a decent mod

Mcinng i dont think so no offence but ive never ever seen him help 1 person and he got mod the day we got the spammers....and he didnt do anything to help he went like slayer tower or something. well thats just my opinion :/

-ANGEL LOVES YOU.
Back to top Go down
flawlessdope
Donator
Donator
flawlessdope

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:24 am

angel divine wrote:
flawlessdope wrote:
Owner Gabbe wrote:

Mcinng i dont think so no offence but ive never ever seen him help 1 person and he got mod the day we got the spammers....and he didnt do anything to help he went like slayer tower or something. well thats just my opinion :/

-ANGEL LOVES YOU.
Yeh thats true i had people asking me for help when i was beside him because he wouldnt respond to them Razz i guess you could say i was doing his job
Back to top Go down
wizkid
wizkid

Rep Points : 134

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:46 am

thats sad the reason you got a goal .. whitch is say " i wanted to go for super admin."
Back to top Go down
angel divine

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:49 am

wizkid wrote:
thats sad the reason you got a goal .. whitch is say " i wanted to go for super admin."

YOUR right...it shows u only care about ranks lot about the players...i want whats best for servers and players and if that leads to demote of any1 them i guess its best for the server.

-ANGEL LOVES WIZKID.
Back to top Go down
wizkid
wizkid

Rep Points : 134

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:56 am

yeah ur not caring about ur comunity just care about spawning items like dude get real? speedy not kewl and calm down micheal is a really nice dude he dosent mean to do half the thing he should get super admin out of any one... u barly do any thing i dont even hear about you on the server so pl0x take a break and dont beast
Back to top Go down
1nk
1nk

Rep Points : 90

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 am

angel divine wrote:
wizkid wrote:

YOUR right...it shows u only care about ranks lot about the players...i want whats best for servers and players and if that leads to demote of any1 them i guess its best for the server.

-ANGEL LOVES WIZKID.
Agree
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.com
angel divine

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:17 am

THANKS 1nk for relating to this Smile.

-ANGEL LOVES YOU.
Back to top Go down
xMitver
xMitver

Rep Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:41 am

Im not a morning admin lmao. Im from a different timezone Wink I am from Holland(GMT -1)
Back to top Go down
Smurf
Smurf

Rep Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:02 am

Michael, you aproved your message.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rate.ee/users/Shawtyy
Michael
Michael

Rep Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Owner Gabbe wrote:

Then it seems John is also part of the problem if he isn't keeping you up to date. The co-owner definitely needs to let the owner know whats going on. And does John code? What's his excuse for never being on?
Back to top Go down
Caleb

Rep Points : 55

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:03 pm

michael mitver lives in diff time zone as you. but i play like 10am to midnight so i see him:P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poorly Balanced In-game staff   Poorly Balanced In-game staff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poorly Balanced In-game staff
Page 1 of 1